Bathroom Renovation Reveal and New Wood Floors in Kitchen!
Oh my goodness, it has been ages since I have last blogged. I have been a busy busy girl since returning from Pennsylvania. I needed to get the bathroom finished. Here you can see the Textures Wallpaper up above the chair rail, and the beadboard wallpaper below.
Here's the ugly cement floor. Yuck.
I snapped a chalk line, and then also used a string taped to the wall to help me keep my tiles straight.
You can see the string here. It helped because once that thinset goes on your chalk lines disappear.
And then the tile went down. Here's a pic of it up close, all grouted and lovely. I used 12x12 Porcelain Tiles, and then grouted with Natural Gray Grout.
And so after I finished the tiling I stepped back to assess what I had completed so far, and my perfectionist ADD popped up when looking at the Beadboard Wallpaper. Due to the walls being completely destroyed from trying to remove three layers of wallpaper that were applied directly to the drywall wihtout any prep I had to go with the textured wallpaper. The paper above the chair rail worked perfectly...very textured and thick. But the Beadboard Wallpaper was not doing the trick. It was showing the imperfections in the wall, thus showing that it was not true beadboard. So, I then went ahead and replaced it with actual beadboard.
After that it was time for my mirror! Originally there was a giant mirror in the bathroom and it was just a slab of glass. No border, no anything. So I had to spruce it up, and I decided to do it using Mosaic Wall tiles. I used one sheet of 1x1" tiles, and then one sheet of these hexagonal white tiles for accents on the corner and sides. I used the Epoxy Resin Glue from home depot for max hold.
Here is is being worked on:
Yes, it says "Keep Calm and Poop On"Tee hee
So, onto my next project which was waiting in the wings.
Putting in the wood floors in the kitchen
dun dun dunnnnnnnh!
I ordered the Handscraped Hardwood Click Install for ease of installation. And it was fairly easy once things got rolling. Having to measure for some intricate cuts was a bit tricky, especially around door frames, but all-in-all things went very well.
I'm actually excited to get it installed in the Living Room and Bedrooms next because I love how it looks in the kitchen!
Here it is going in. You can see the blue Vapor Barrier underneath, and then my essential tools of the rubber block and mallet, plus shims and a measuring tape.
Here is a nighttime picture with the lights on it.
And here is a daytime picture: